Day 2 of Writing 101 – make a list, either ‘things I like’, ‘things I learned’. or ‘things I wish’
Ho hum… I’m not a big fan of lists, though I do occasionally post a listy type blog, the last one being ‘Little Irritations’ and before that ‘Reasons to be cheerful’. So I’m not completely agin ‘em, but being asked to write one off the top of my head seems a bit dull. After all, don’t most of us wish for the same sort of things, like the same sort of things (ok, so you might actually enjoy a bowl of jelly – yuck!), and generally find out things the hard way? So I’m stumped. Can’t think of anything original to write in my list. Hmmph… only the second day of writing 101 and I’m falling at the first hurdle. Gee thanks wordpress fairies.
Hmm… lets see…
Things I’ve learned…
Hell, I must have learned something in 60 odd years….
- Milk goes off if you forget to put it back in the fridge
- Paper cuts hurt like hell
- It is possible to fall up stairs
- Mice like chocolate biscuits
- life throws curveballs when you’re least expecting them
- If I wear a thick jumper the weather will turn unseasonally warm
- If I take an umbrella out with me it won’t rain
- It is almost impossible to get a turmeric stain out of a white blouse
- Can’t please everybody
- I think I can sing, but really, I can’t
- Using a piece of greaseproof paper taller than the cake tin helps the cake rise
- Life is too short
- It never snows at Christmas
- The All Blacks always win
- 9 times 9 is….. hell, I don’t know… who cares…
- Trust no-one
- Crying doesn’t make things better
- Don’t rub your eye after chopping chillis
- I am not elegant when I’m on ice-skates
- You don’t automatically become wiser as you get older
There you go, I managed it – 20 things I’m pretty sure about – especially the last one… 🙂
totally agree on the last one 😀
I agree with, “You don’t get wiser when you are older,lovely thoughts!:)
Love your list. I am not fan of lists either. My mom always told me to make a list to remember to do things. Once she called and asked me if I had done something and I said no, I forgot. She asked, where is your list? I told her honestly – I lost it. My list is a poem. Thanks for sharing.
I can never remember to look at lists anyway!! 🙂
I think your list tells a lot about you….although I don’t know you in real life. But I think it reveals a great sense of down-to-earth humor!
Thanks, I guess that’s quite accurate! Well, you’ve got to laugh! 😄
I love this list, so refreshing and human, my own take on today’s prompt was a little less refreshing perhaps…