Well, they were playing this on the radio this morning, and while I was dancing around my bedroom I thought about all the reasons I have to be cheerful on this sunny Monday. Here is a selection. Not necessarily my top 20 but up there somewhere:
In no particular order…:
- my family is healthy
- It’s sunny even thought it’s August in England 😉 – we must be due for a storm…
- I went to bed later than I should so I’m still sleepy, but I was lucky enough to be able to get a good night’s rest in a comfortable bed with a soft pillow
- I had an invigorating shower with as much hot water as I cared to use
- Despite ‘never having anything to wear’ I do actually have a huge selection of clean clothes to choose from
- I still have my own teeth, and hair
- I can still dance – after a fashion 🙂
- none of the people I love smoke. This is something I am grateful for every single day (I have very strong opinions on smoking…don’t get me started!)
- I have a very daft dog
- I’ll be eating vegetables today that I have grown and picked myself
- If I didn’t have my own veggies to eat, I could go to the supermarket and buy as many as I like
- I have perfume to make me smell nice
- Even though I know and appreciate that there are terrible, horrible, disgraceful, unfathomably nasty things going on in the world, I can still listen to jolly music on the radio in the mornings.
- I am retired, though I don’t feel old enough to be
- I have nice feet, and shoes to put on them
- I know how to bake a cake and make wine….really, that’s all you need 🙂
- I haven’t seen a spider in my house for several days
- I can go out for a spin in Mavis, my new little red car, if I fancy it today
- I can count at least five different species of birds in my garden right now… as I type..
- I’ll get to have another session learning Japanese today
I’m wondering what your list might look like. I guess that one or two of your’s would match mine, but I’d love to hear what other’s you have. For inspiration here’s Ian Drury and the Blockheads for you:
Have a magical Monday x
I love this post!! There are so many cynical, snarky, complaining commentaries out there. This is soooooo refreshing. Like a nice, hot shower and perfume afterwards!
I’ve always been cup half full type!! 🙂
Great post, although I couldn’t make out much of what they were saying I started to smile! Thanks.
Hehee… Oh dear, am I being a bit English?? Do I need to do a translation? 😉 glad it made you smile though!
I have never heard that number before, or the Blockheads. You never know what you will find when you log on. Thanks for sharing!
Pingback: I must’ve learned something… | Rebooting