I’ve been writing a list of things I hate, which indicates what kind of mood I’m in today! Now hate is a strong ‘ol word. I truly hate injustice and poverty. I truly hate smoking too (just don’t get me started..) so this is really a list of things that just plain irritate me. Things that should be banned immediately as far as I’m concerned. I’m sure you all have lists too, though probably not the same. I wonder if there are things that are universally cringe worthy.
In no particular order, these are ten things that I really, no really, don’t like at all…..
- Public consumption of pies – Look, just sit in a corner and stuff your face if you really have to, don’t walk along the street talking and spitting crumbs everywhere.
- Impersonators – Sorry, I know I’m probably in the minority here, but it seems to me that making other people sound stupid is not clever nor funny.
- Spiders – Fine when they’re in their own domain, but just stop coming into my house would you.
- Spray tans/false eyelashes/too much make up/drawn on caterpillar eyebrows – Usually young women and girls. You don’t need all that. Be beautiful in your own skin you nincompoops.
- Dog walkers who assume your dog is ok just cos theirs is – My dog doesn’t like to be approached by other dogs. She can’t help it, she’s had a few dodgy encounters. I keep her under control (well, fairly) on her lead when I see you coming. Take that as a sign why don’t you?
- The black mould in the shower – Where does it come from? Why won’t it go? Need I say more?
- Water in the bottom of the fridge – Why?? How??
- Topless men in shops – And none of them are buff are they? All big fat bloaters.
- Swearing as part of a sentence – Totally, totally unnecessary. Learn to be eloquent. A well expressed turn of phrase is worth ten profanities!
- Teeth/body design faults – Who doesn’t have problems with their teeth from time to time? Where should we put our arms when we’re laying on our sides? Colds… what’s with the colds??
It’s not a comprehensive list, just a starter (to be honest, I had trouble keeping it to ten things – I am officially a grumpy old woman), please feel free to let me know your own gripes and grumbles!
Pingback: I must’ve learned something… | Rebooting