Well, Writing 101 is finished (boo…)
But hey….Blogging 201 is just starting (yay!!)
First challenge is to post at least three goals for my blog. Hmm… that’s dead hard that is.
They’re asking me things like ‘why do you blog?’ and crikey, I don’t know. I just do. I like it, I like writing, I like interacting, I like reading other people’s blogs and pinching their ideas (not really, just getting inspiration, honest!), and I like seeing my stuff looking pretty. I like my friends and family to see how I’m keeping myself busy, and making them laugh, and wince sometimes (hehee).
Sooo…that’s why I blog. Now I know.
The blogging 201 pixies are also asking me to set myself three goals for my blog.
So, what might they be…?
Ooh.. I’d like some more followers please. It’s so lovely to see the dubree in the corner light up with likes or comments, but it really makes my day when I get an email saying ‘so and so is now following your blog’. That’s splendid. Yep, lets have some more of those, say reach 220 by end of November. Sitting at 180 as of this morning, so doable I hope.
Of course, to get more followers I’m going to have to do some work. Have been publishing daily through the course of writing 101, so I’m going to give myself a break here, and just endeavour to post something at least three times a week. Perfectly doable I think.
Thirdly, for your delight and entertainment, I’m going to establish a new feature. No idea what. I could do with your help if I’m honest. Have come up with one or two ideas:
- Madness on Monday – plenty of madness in the world to talk about methinks
- Terrible joke Tuesday – hmm… know plenty of those too…
- Wordy Wednesday – my ‘word of the day’. Today, by the way (ok I know it’s Monday, smarty pants… I’m just sayin’), it’s Balter, which apparently means ‘to dance gracelessly, without particular art or skill, but with some enjoyment’ – I do it all the time!
- Thirsty Thursday – actually this one already exists in our house, but not in a bloggy way, more in a ‘time for a glass of wine’ way.
- Fabulous Friday – well, I’m fabulous every day of course but not blingy, more sophisticated and genteel (hmm..!) but there is plenty of bling out there that catches my eye and makes me gasp with wonder at what people are prepared to wear.
What do you think? Any of ‘em any good? Well, I’ll leave it for now, and surprise you!
Anyhoo…there you are. Three, perfectly achievable goals. Better get off and start doing something now then.